outCT is a 501c3 non-profit organization established in 2013 by a group of LGBTQ individuals & their allies in Southeastern Connecticut. In addition to the New London Pride Festival, outCT offers youth programs, educational & networking forums, art exhibits, a film series & entertainment.
Building a community through educational, cultural and social programming that promotes acceptance, tolerance and understanding of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Celebrating a community that honors and recognizes the diverse spectrum of gender identities and sexual orientations.
OutCT seeks to:
• Create opportunities for integrating and promoting positive visibility for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and allied community;
• Provide opportunities and venues for people to celebrate their sexual orientations and gender identities;
• Foster the support and development of community groups;
• Promote human and civil rights;
• Work against prejudice and discrimination;
• Promote harmony within the community-at-large; and
• Foster the economic growth of the area
OutCT works toward these ends through activities such as the following:
• Funding, planning and implementation of the New London Pride Festival and other activities;
• Partnering with corporations and community groups for education, outreach and other purposes;
• Networking resources and information by publishing an annual resource guide, website and/or newsletter;
• Donating funds and staff to other community groups when feasible
Feasibility Study for OutCT
Founder of OutCT Constance Kristofik was no stranger to pride organizing as she was President of Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley in Allentown, Pennsylvania before relocating to New London. In 2010 while a graduate student at the University of New Haven, Constance conducted a feasibility study on whether southeastern Connecticut could support a pride festival. Results were positive but she was not ready to commit to such a project until later. In 2012 New London Mayor Daryl Justin Finizio encouraged her to start the organization; and, in 2013 she selected a very diverse board of directors who created a mission and vision for the organization and obtained 501c3 tax-exempt status. The organization has steadily grown in programs and finances since then.
Learn more about the study and report that was the foundation for OutCT:
OutCT TAX ID: 46-2852581